Most people agree that pollution is the nasty thing killing the planet. Pollution can take the form of chemical substances or energy, such as noise, heat or light. Pollutants, the components of pollution, can be either foreign substances/energies or naturally occurring contaminants. These 8 illustrations by Eglė Plytnikaitė show how even our daily routine hurts the Earth.
1. CO2 emission causes tsunamis.
2. The burning of fossil fuels helps the Arctic ice melt.
3. Meat and dairy industry pollutes the air
4. Plastic pollutes the water that we drink.
5. Cutting the trees for the white and soft toilet paper hurts the forests.
6. Heating our homes heats the Earth as well
7. Irresponsible usage of electricity causes the floods